Login to Complete an Application or to Access Reviewing Panel
This is the home page for the ASTS Collaborative Scientist Grant. Please visit the Grants Home Page to apply for a different grant.
Please review these eligibility, submission and other requirements carefully before submitting your application.
ASTS continues its commitment to develop collaborative research between ASTS investigators and qualified established scientists. This grant provides qualified ASTS investigators and their scientific collaborators with research funding in the field of solid organ transplantation.
Amount: $50,000 per year for 2 years
Funds Support: direct research and educational costs. No salary support for applicant, and no indirects will be paid.
- ASTS Member with an established research effort.
- Surgical faculty member at an established UNOS approved transplant center.
- Applicant must reside in North America.
- Awardee may not concurrently receive any other financial support for proposed research from ASTS, AST, ACS, SUS, AAS or other society or foundation granting similar support.
- Completed an advanced professional degree (i.e., MD, PhD, DVM) or foreign equivalent.
- Demonstrated record of collaborative efforts and holds a position amenable to proposed scientific work with the ASTS Member.
- Faculty appointment at an academic insitutions that has the ability to support the collaboration.
- A brief synopsis of your research (250 words maximum)
- Narrative: 3 page maximum plus 1 page of graphics permitted. State the reason for applying for the grant, specific objectives for the duration of the grant, and future plans and goals. Reference must be included in narrative and will count towards the 3 page limit.
- Budget: 1 page maximum
- Autobiography: 1 page maximum explaining your educational background, choice of career, and interest in transplantation and research
- Collaborator's Autobiography: 1 page maximum explaining your collaborator's educational background, choice of career, and interest in transplantation and research.
- Department Chair Nomination Letter
- Member Sponsor Letter
- Collaborator CV
- The Awardee and/or Collaborator must attend the ASTS Grant Ceremony at the American Transplant Congress (ATC) to formally accept the grant.
- An abstract must be submitted for presentation at an ATC or ASTS Winter Symposium during the grant period or within 6 months of completion.
- A mid-report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted in the spring of the first year.
- A final report to the ASTS National Office must be submitted in the spring of the last year of funding.
- 1 grant is available in 2018.
- By submitting an application, you confirm that you understand any funding received may be subjected to any relevant Sunshine Act reporting.
Once you have read the requirements and have determined you are eligible, please Click Here to Submit your Application.